This page contains important information about the services provided by Thrive for Life Chiropractic. Our intention is to help you make an informed decision about whether we are the right choice for you and/or your family. Please read it carefully. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask 🙂
Collection and Storage of Personal Information
In order to provide you with a quality service, we need to collect and store some information about you. This includes details such as:
- date of birth
- phone number
- email address
- residential address
- information about you and/or your family’s health and lifestyle
- information shared, examination findings and care provided during your appointments (i.e. clinical notes)
- any other information you provide that may be beneficial to the outcomes of your care
We understand and respect the fact that your information is personal, so you are free to withhold any information that we request from you; however, withholding information may limit our ability to serve you.
We collect information from you primarily via online forms, personal interactions, and reports provided by other health care providers. This information is stored on a password-protected computer and/or the following online services:
- FourEyes (online surveys)
- Dropbox (storage and backup of consultation notes)
- iCloud (storage and backup of contact details and appointment times)
- Shedul and Fresha (appointment scheduling and automated reminders)
- Square (payment processing)
Your information may be used by current and/or future practitioners and/or staff of Thrive for Life Chiropractic for the purpose of carrying out our services. Beyond this, unless the law requires otherwise, we will never share or disclose your information to any other third parties without your permission.
If you would like to view your records or request any changes to them, please email us and provide details of which aspect(s) you would like to view and/or change.
If you have any complaints or if you believe your privacy has been breached, please email us and provide details of the incident so it can be investigated. If you wish to have the matter considered externally you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Our fees are as follows:
Starter's Pack = $160
- initial consultation & examination
- chiropractic adjustment (if clinically indicated)
Progress Pack = $160
- progress consultation & examination
- chiropractic adjustment (if clinically indicated)
- Standard Appointment = $60
- Long Appointment = $80
Payment is to be made in full before or during each appointment via one of the following methods:
- debit card
- credit card
- direct bank transfer
For even better value, we also offer membership packages.
At Thrive for Life Chiropractic, our relationship is with you. We make recommendations and act on what we believe is in your best interests, not the interests of your insurance company, Medicare, or any other third parties. Payment for the services and/or products you receive from us is, therefore, your responsibility. We are happy to provide you with receipts for the services and/or products you have paid for and received from us, but you are responsible for any reimbursement claims you wish to make from third parties and understanding the terms under which those claims can be made.
Consent to Be Examined
In order to provide you with our best recommendations, a thorough physical examination must be performed. This may include the following:
- physical palpation
- postural analysis
- spinal flexibility assessment
- functional leg length analysis
- balance assessment
- measurement of height, weight and waist circumference
- grip strength
- heart rate variability (HRV) via electrocardiograph (ECG)
- manual muscle testing (kinesiology)
- other procedures that your chiropractor considers to be clinically relevant
Consent to Receive Care
The intention of the care provided at Thrive for Life Chiropractic is to assist the release of stored energy that is causing tension and disharmony in your body-mind so that this energy can be integrated and used constructively for healing and growth. Our primary strategy for achieving this is by applying gentle chiropractic adjustments to specific points on your body based on our analysis.
While it is quite possible that your symptoms may improve as a result of our care, it is important to understand that the care we provide is not intended to treat or cure any specific condition(s). Our working premise is simply that when there is balance and harmony in your body-mind, life becomes better. That is our goal for you.
We expect positive outcomes as a result of the care we recommend (otherwise we wouldn’t recommend it!); however, given that each person is unique, the exact outcomes experienced, and the journey toward those outcomes, is likely to vary between individuals.
Common outcomes include:
- more energy
- improved sleep
- enhanced sense of wellbeing
- increased emotional clarity and/or calmness
- greater adaptability
- increased strength
- better balance
- improved posture
- increased mobility
- greater awareness of your body
- less pain
However, there may be times when you feel worse. For example:
- muscle and/or joint soreness
- exacerbation or aggravation of symptoms
- change in location of symptoms
- emotional release (eg. sadness, fear, anger, etc.)
- nausea and/or vomiting
- fever or chills
There may also be changes that take place outside of your conscious awareness.
Thrive for Life Chiropractic is for those who trust the innate wisdom and intelligence of their body and the natural healing process, or for those who would like to develop that trust.